The Building 4.0 CRC (B4.0CRC) welcomes applications for students wanting to undertake a PhD research degree in the CRC’s research project, New Technologies, the Future of Work, Skills and Industrial Relations (IR).
This call is offering 1 x B4.0CRC PhD Scholarship for a student who is pursuing higher degree research in line with the CRC’s projects in industrial relations.
The full Scholarship will provide funding of up to $40,000 per annum. Term of stipend is three years, with the option of a 6-month extension (on application and subject to University approval).
The scholarship recipient will also have the opportunity to apply for discretionary funds of $5-10k per annum, for travel, conferences, materials, equipment, software, hardware, courses, thesis printing (2 x copies), and other related expenditure (on application and subject to CRC approval).
Eligibility criteria for this call:
1. Applicants should preferably be currently residing in Australia and available to commence as soon as the scholarship is granted
2. Applicants must be enrolled or eligible to enrol at the Business and Economics Faculty at Monash University.
3. Applicants must be able to demonstrate proof of support from supervisor(s) Marjorie Jerrard and Tui McKeown, and must develop a project proposal that aligns with B4.0CRC research activities and CRC partner requirements regarding aspects of Industrial Relations. Three potential themes are
- Creating workplace change through partnership approaches to building inclusivity OR
- Exploring issues in the construction sector across Australia OR
- Applying a mental health approach to the construction sector across Australia (potentially could add a comparative focus so include Asia, The Americas, and Europe).
Note other project topics will also be considered.
4. Applicants must be studying full-time (under exceptional circumstances, part-time student applications will be considered).
5. Applicants should preferably have a background in industrial and labour relations OR organizational psychology OR management OR sociology of work OR labour history.
Candidates who are interested in applying for this PhD Scholarship must meet the above eligibility criteria. Please refer to the CRC’s PhD Scholarship Information Kit (accessible via the link: https://building4pointzero.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Building-4.0-CRC-PhD-Scholarships-Information-Kit.pdf) for more details on how to apply. Note that the completed application form must be included with your submission.
For further information about the project and research areas, and to acquire supervisor support for your application, please contact the following Project Supervisors from the Faculty of Business, Monash University:
Dr Marjorie Jerrard Marjorie.email@example.com
A/Prof Tui McKeown Tui.firstname.lastname@example.org