Employee Relations Special Issue on Alan Fox: Call for Papers
The 50th anniversary of the publication of two influential works by Alan Fox, Beyond Contract and Man Mismanagement, takes place in 2024.
To mark the occasion, we are planning a special issue of Employee Relations to examine the enduring impact of Fox’s work on the contemporary study of industrial relations and human resource management. We’d like to invite you to consider contributing an article (between 3,000 and 7,000 words) on Fox’s contribution to the following kinds of areas (though the list isn’t meant to be exhaustive):
|– Trust dynamics at work|
– Management patterns and styles
– Contemporary understandings on the frames of reference
– Control and consent in the contemporary workplace
– Collective bargaining in contemporary world of work
– The continued role of the managerial prerogative
– Contrasts between radical pluralist and Marxist approaches to employment relations
– Policy implications of radical pluralist approaches to employment relations
– Historical origins of radical pluralist approaches to employment relations
If you’re interested in submitting to the special issue, please send us an extended abstract (between 500 and 1000 words) by 28 February 2023 outlining your contribution. You’ll find full details, including timescales, in the call for papers available in the following link: https://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/calls-for-papers/reframing-fox-continuing-impact-beyond-contract-and-man-mismanagement-50-years.
Andy Hodder, University of Birmingham, UK: email@example.com
Michael Gold, Royal Holloway University of London, UK: firstname.lastname@example.org